Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The act of destroying a fetus in the womb; feticide. [late 19th century]
1974, John Morris Dorsey, Psychology of ethics, page 153:
- As physician I frequently find it helpful to express some of my views regarding prognosis, aborticide, euthanasia, organ transplant, and similar medical exertion of mine, including that of my well-intentioned fellow-man.
1988, Sarva Daman Singh, Polyandry in Ancient India, page 78:
- "From today onwards", he legislated, "a woman's infidelity to her husband shall be a sin tantamount to aborticide, an evil that will engender misery.
1989, Paul DeParrie, The Rescuers, page 42:
- "Aborticide is the basis of God's judgment on America," he says, "because the blood cries out from the ground."
1998, Lenn Evan Goodman, Judaism, human rights, and human values, page 88:
- Thus we have a clear division between homicide, which falls within the biblical law of persons, and aborticide, which is treated as a tort.
- An agent responsible for an abortion (the destruction of a fetus); abortifacient.