feticide (plural feticides)
- An abortion, specifically, the killing of a fetus. [from 19th century]
- 2002, Daniel Schiff, Abortion in Judaism, Cambridge University Press, →ISBN, page 68:
- Zimra, then, takes an unequivocal stance; favoring Rashi's view over that of Maimonides, he offers little comfort for the rodef approach, holding instead that feticide cannot be regarded as murder becaue the fetus is not a nefesh.
- 1878, H. Gibbons, "On Feticide" in Transactions of the Session of the Medical Society of the State of California vol. 8; J. Anthony & Co., Printers; page 209:
- Notwithstanding the earnest opposition of writers and lecturers and preachers and legislators, the practice of feticide appears to be on the increase.
- One who kills a fetus.
killing of a fetus
one who kills a fetus