Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: abstinence-only
- A form of sex education that advocates only abstinence as a means to avoid pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.
2002, Marysol Asencio, Sex and Sexuality Among New York's Puerto Rican Youth, page 149:
- Programs have been developed that either advocate abstinence only […] or abstinence-plus […].
2002, Larry D. Burlew and Dave Capuzzi, Sexuality Counseling, page 75:
- Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas specify the teaching of abstinence only until marriage.
2003, Judith Levine, Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex, page 101:
- Not only was the federal government encouraging abstinence only; […].
2006, David Cooper, Broken America, page 182:
- […] directly to organizations that teach abstinence only without going through the states.