Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Related or tending to abstractionism, particularly art.
Related to abstract art
abstractionist (plural abstractionists)
- An idealist. [First attested in the mid 19th century.]
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Emerson to this entry?)
- Someone who supports or creates abstract art.
someone who paints or creates abstract art
- ^ “abstractionist” in Lesley Brown, editor-in-chief; William R. Trumble and Angus Stevenson, editors, The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on Historical Principles, 5th edition, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 2002, →ISBN, page 10.