Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: -išt
- Added to words to form nouns denoting:
- a person with a particular creative or academic role;
- one who subscribes to a particular theological doctrine or religious denomination;
- one who owns or manages something;
- one who has a certain political tendency;
- a person who holds bigoted, partial views.
One who follows a particular ideology, doctrine, belief system or theory
A member of a profession or one interested in something
A person who uses something
A person who holds biased views
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- appended to a word, it yields a noun which signifies the subject who performs something related to that word
Also see: Category:German words suffixed with -ist
declension of -ist
-ist (Cyrillic spelling -ист)
- Suffix appended to words to create a masculine noun, usually denoting a follower or a profession. Chiefly used for loanwords.