Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Autist
autist (plural autists)
- An autistic person, a person with autism.
- 1995, Oliver Sacks, An Anthropologist on Mars:
- Most autists are not artists, as most artists are not autists; but in the chance of their coming together […] there must, I think, be an interaction between the two, so that the art takes on some of the strengths and weaknesses of autism […]
- 2011, W M Bernstein, A Basic Theory of Neuropsychoanalysis:
- Like children and animals, autists have relatively rudimentary conceptual lives.
- (Internet slang, offensive, derogatory, often self-deprecating) A person characterized by abnormal and unhealthy focus or persistence, low self-awareness and unhealthy hatred of opposition or criticism.
- autists arguing about 'muh graphics'
person with autism