Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The property of being persistent.
- You've got to admire her persistence. She's asked him out every day for a month even though she keeps turning him down.
- (computer science) Of data, the property of continuing to exist after the termination of the program.
- Once written to a disk file, the data has persistence: it will still be there tomorrow when we run the next program.
- (meteorology) Continuation of the previous day's weather (particularly temperature and precipitation statistics).
- (mathematics) The number of times an operation can be iteratively applied to a number before it reaches a permanently constant state.
- The persistence of the number 39 under the operation of multiplying the digits of the number is three, because 3x9 = 27, 2x7 = 14, and 1x4 = 4, and no further iterations will change the number again.
property of being persistent