Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
persistence (plural persistences)
- The property of being persistent.
- You've got to admire his persistence. He's asked her out every day for a month even though she keeps turning him down.
- (computer science) Of data, continuing to exist after the execution of the program.
- Once written to a disk file, the data has persistence: it will still be there tomorrow when we run the next program.
- (meteorology) Continuation of the previous day's weather (particularly temperature and precipitation statistics).
property of being persistent