Jump to navigation Jump to search
- i's (eye dialect)
- It is.
- 1743, Martin Marley, The Good Confessor, page 307:
- [...], guided not by his own Will, but by the Medick Science, which dictates, that it's recessary, beneficial, and convenient to alter, mix, and temper this medicine, and fit it to the Disposition, and Constitution of the Patient[.]
- 2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 48:
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about […] and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention. Partly, this is a result of how online advertising has traditionally worked: advertisers pay for clicks, and a click is a click, however it's obtained.
- it’s too expensive; it’s coming right for us!
- It has.
- It’s been a long time since I’ve had cheesecake.
- (African-American Vernacular) There's, there is; there're, there are.
- it's a fine line between love and hate; it's a package for you by the door
- (it is): ’tis
- (now nonstandard) Alternative form of
- 1787, United States Constitution, Article I:
- No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws[.]
- 1803, President Thomas Jefferson, Instructions to Captain Meriwether Lewis:
- The object of your mission is to explore the Missouri river, & such principal stream of it, as, by it’s course & communication with the waters of the Pacific Ocean.