Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Tourist
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtʊəɹɪst/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈtʊɹ.ɪst/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈtɝ.ɪst/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈtɔɹ.ɪst/
tourist (plural tourists)
- Someone who travels for pleasure rather than for business. [from 1770s]
- (derogatory) One who visits a place or attends a social event out of curiosity, wanting to watch without commitment or involvement.
- (sports, informal) A member of the visiting team in a match.
someone who travels for pleasure