Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (optics) Free from color; transmitting light without color-related distortion.
- Containing components such as achromatic lenses and prisms, designed to prevent color-related distortion.
- (biology) Uncolored; not absorbing color from a fluid; -- said of tissue
- (music) Having only the diatonic notes of the scale; not modified by accidentals.
- Being achromatic in subject
- The lecture was achromatic, the speaker used politics to suppress the weight of his/her subject.
- (free from color): see also Thesaurus:achromatic
optics: free from colour
music: having only the diatonic notes of the scale
being achromatic in subject
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked