Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -əʊbiə
- phobia or strong fear of being high above ground level
- 1888, Association of American Railroads Accounting Division, Association of American Railroads, Accounting Division, Report of the Railway Accounting Officers:
- You know, being elevated to the position of Chairman has given me rather a bad attack of acrophobia.
- 1956, Information Access Company, ProQuest Direct, Road and Track:
- But it's no place for anyone with acrophobia, what with its myriad drop-offs and switchbacks.
- 2005, Kevin O'Brien, The Last Victim:
- You know, acrophobia? I get nervous just standing this close to the edge.
- 2019 March 27, Understanding Acrophobia, or Fear of Heights:
- Acrophobia describes an intense fear of heights that can cause significant anxiety and panic.
- 2019 September 12, Rosemary Black, Acrophobia (The Fear of Heights): Are You Acrophobic?:
- The definition of acrophobia is, simply put, a phobia of heights.
- 2021 March 3, Sarah Bence; Steven Gans, MD (medical reviewer), What Is Acrophobia?:
- Acrophobia is a persistent and intense fear of heights. People with acrophobia will experience panic and sudden anxiety in a variety of situations involving heights.
- 2020 July 27, What to know about acrophobia:
- Acrophobia is an intense fear of heights. If a person has acrophobia, being high up or thinking about heights may cause them to have a panic attack.
fear of heights