Jump to navigation Jump to search
addressograph (plural addressographs)
- (historical) A device for making mailing labels, used for much of the 20th century.
- 1920, New York (State). Governor, Public Papers of Governor, page 113:
- The Secretary of State, upon the installation of the addressograph machines, was to reduce the temporary service.
- 1942, United States Congress. House. Committee on Appropriations, Departments of State and Justice, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies, page 72:
- The man that we are putting on for the addressograph work is for a service that has long been needed.
- 1961-5, Metals Engineering Quarterly
- Addressograph equipment was selected. This particular addressograph application utilizes a split plate.