Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
addressograph (plural addressographs)
- (historical) A device for making mailing labels, used for much of the 20th century.
1920, New York (State). Governor, Public Papers of Governor, page 113:
- The Secretary of State, upon the installation of the addressograph machines, was to reduce the temporary service.
1942, United States Congress. House. Committee on Appropriations, Departments of State and Justice, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies, page 72:
- The man that we are putting on for the addressograph work is for a service that has long been needed.
- 1961-5, Metals Engineering Quarterly
- Addressograph equipment was selected. This particular addressograph application utilizes a split plate.