Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A post displaying a pub sign; an alestake.
- 1808, Joseph Hall, Works:
- O honor, farre beyond a brazen shrine,
- To sit with Tarleton on an ale post's signe
- 1957, Alfred Edgar Coppard, It's Me, O Lord!:
- I believe it was the George the Something or other, although I feel sure that no monarch of any era would have felt at home in the neighbourhood or been gratified by the alepost's honourable mention of him.
- 1991, Simone Zelitch, The Confession of Jack Straw, →ISBN:
- I looked for the alepost of the Fighting Cock, and found none.