algaroba (plural algarobas)
- The carob, a leguminous tree of the Mediterranean region.
- The edible beans or pods of the carob; St. John's bread.
- The honey mesquite (Prosopis juliflora), a small tree found from California to Buenos Aires.
- The sweet, pulpy pods of the honey mesquite.
- (carob tree): algarrobilla
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.