Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
allee (plural allees)
- A tree-lined avenue, often particularly one that is part of a landscaped garden.
1903, Carter Goodloe, Calvert of Strathore:
- He found her walking slowly up and down an allee of elms, through the leaves of which the bright September sunshine sifted down.
2007 August 5, Tracie Rozhon, “Even a Master Needs Help Sometimes”, in New York Times:
- About $800,000 for a complete interior and exterior remodeling and about $200,000 for landscaping, including an allee of mature trees
- avenue, broad lane flanked by trees
- (Belgium, architecture) landing (at upper floor of a house)
allee f (plural allees)