Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈæl.pən.ɡloʊ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈal.pən.ɡləʊ/
Audio (UK) (file)
- A rosy or reddish glow seen during sunset or sunrise on the summits of mountains, especially snow-covered mountains on the opposite side of the sun.
- 2021 February 16, Dan Richards, “Peak cabin: a fire-spotter's lonely vantage point in Washington state”, in The Guardian:
- But Jim was all smiles and, as if in added welcome, alpenglow suddenly flared to flood the summit hot pink and lit up the cabin.
a reddish glow seen near sunset or sunrise on the summits of mountains