Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Australia, slang) Beer.
1995, Alan A. Siegel, Smile: A Picture History of Olympic Park, 1887-1965, page 8:
- Merrymakers brought their own beer. Those not provisioned with the amber fluid found a ready supply in the dressing room of the Hilton Base Ball Club at three cents a glass.
2004, Duane Swierczynski, The Big Book O' Beer: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Greatest Beverage on Earth, page 21:
- Beer was lumped in with the rest of booze, and for 13 awful years, not one legal drop of precious amber fluid could be found between San Francisco and New York City.
- 2009, Ron Crittall, Lee Atkinson, Marc Llewellyn, Lee Mylne, Frommer's Australia 2010, page 503,
- […] for a range of amber fluids, all brewed on the premises.
- 2010, Fran Parnell, Etain O'Carroll, Brandon Presser, Iceland, Lonely Planet, page 51,
- Suddenly, in 1988, a vote was taken to legalise real beer in a year's time, and on 1 March 1989 the amber fluid finally flowed again.