Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
antidominant (not comparable)
- (mathematics) Having the property that all mappings yield a value no smaller than itself.
2015, Evgeny Feigin, Ievgen Makedonskyi, “Generalized Weyl modules, alcove paths and Macdonald polynomials”, in arXiv:
- We make use of the Orr-Shimozono formula for the nonsymmetric Macdonald polynomials in order to prove that the specialization of the nonsymmetric Macdonald polynomials are equal to the characters of the generalized Weyl modules corresponding to the antidominant weights.
- Opposed to the dominant version.
1997, Harold Bloom, American women fiction writers - Volume 2, page 10:
- Clearly her last published long fiction, Of One Blood, suggests her desire to break out of the inherited high western narrative tradition, her desire to craft new form by drawing on antidominant realities of multiconsciousness and pan-African wholeness.
2008, Charles A. MacArthur, Steve Graham, & Jill Fitzgerald, Handbook of Writing Research, ISBN 1593857500, page 419:
- Perhaps Barton's most intriguing argument, though, is not about the dominant discourse community but the antidominant discourse regarding technology. She claims that even the antidominant discourse—which is defined by a critique of the progressive stance by “pointing out undesirable consequences” (p. 60)—is ultimately subsumed by the dominant discourse: ...