Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Hyphenation: an‧ti‧me‧tric
antimetric (not comparable)
- (electrical engineering) The converse of symmetric in electrical network theory, especially filter theory. A network where the input and output image impedances are the dual, or inverse, of each other as opposed to symmetric networks where they are equal.
- A Butterworth filter with an odd number of elements is symmetric while one with an even number of elements is antimetric.
- In mechanics, relating to a pair of forces, a pair of oscillations or other motion acting in the opposite direction to symmetric.
- (sound engineering, chiefly music) Going off the rhythm, especially during a transition from one time signature to another.
- Opposed to metrication.
the converse of symmetric in electrical network theory