Jump to navigation Jump to search
appellational (not comparable)
- Relating to appellation or naming.
- 1882, “Oddities of Personal Nomenclature”, in The Cornhill Magazine, volume 45, page 213:
- It will, moreover, be convenient to keep a separate place (6) for names attributable to miscellaneous fancies; while, lastly (7), we shall speak of those appellational oddities which cease to be oddities, or become less odd than before, when they area rightly understood.
- 1995, Gregory Corso, “Bomb”, in John Bradley, editor, Atomic Ghost: Poets Respond to the Nuclear Age, page 49:
- From thy appellational womb / spew birth-gusts of great worms
- 2012, Abné M. Eisenberg, Prescriptive Communication for the Healthcare Provider, page 256:
- In the military, appellational protocol is mandatory. A corporal or sergeant would never dare address a captain or a major by his or her first name.