Jump to navigation Jump to search
The proposed nappe pliée fits more closely with the date of first attestation.
- (colloquial, dated) A neat and tidy arrangement or organization; a perfect order.
- 1904, M.R. James, Oh, Whistle, and I'll Come to You, My Lad:
- He was made welcome...and was able before retiring to rest to arrange his materials for work in apple-pie order upon a commodious table which occupied the outer end of the room...
- 1944, Elizabeth Goudge, Green Dolphin Street, page 307:
- She had only just got her home into apple-pie order again; for the second time; first the earthquake, then the civil war.