Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɑɹtʃt/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɑːtʃt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)tʃt
- His arched back ached from the constant strain.
- 1992, Rudolf M[athias] Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, New York, N.Y.: Columbia University Press, →ISBN, page 7:
- The lobule margins, furthermore, are arched away from the lobe, with the consequence that (when fully inflated) the abaxial leaf surface forms the interior lining of the lobule.
- simple past tense and past participle of
- He arched his back into a half-moon curve trying to get the stiffness out.