Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: ardoisé
From vernacular Late Latin of Northern France *ardesia, possibly from Gaulish root *ard(u)- (“high, in altitude”), found also in Ardu-enna (the Ardennes), a region where slate has been quarried for centuries.
ardoise f (plural ardoises)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
- “ardoise” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).