Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɑː.mə/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɑːɹ.mɚ/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)mə(ɹ)
- (uncountable) A protective layer over a body, vehicle, or other object intended to deflect or diffuse damaging forces.
- (uncountable) A natural form of this kind of protection on an animal's body.
- (uncountable) Metal plate, protecting a ship, military vehicle, or aircraft.
- Synonym: armour plate
- (countable) A tank, or other heavy mobile assault vehicle.
- (military, uncountable) A military formation consisting primarily of tanks or other armoured fighting vehicles, collectively.
- (hydrology, uncountable) The naturally occurring surface of pebbles, rocks or boulders that line the bed of a waterway or beach and provide protection against erosion.
protective layer over a body, vehicle etc.
natural protection on an animal's body
tank — see tank
other heavy mobile assault vehicle
military formation consisting primarily of tanks
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive) To equip something with armour or a protective coating or hardening.
- (transitive) To provide something with an analogous form of protection.
to equip with armour
- Alternative form of
- Late Anglo-Norman spelling of
- De rochez et chemyses cover ses armours
- (please add an English translation of this usage example)