Jump to navigation Jump to search
- astron. (abbreviation)
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˌæs.tɹəˈnɒm.ɪ.kəl/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˌæs.tɹəˈnɑm.ɪ.kəl/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒmɪkəl
- (not comparable) Of or relating to astronomy.
- 2012 March 1, Brian Hayes, “Pixels or Perish”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 106:
- Drawings and pictures are more than mere ornaments in scientific discourse. Blackboard sketches, geological maps, diagrams of molecular structure, astronomical photographs, MRI images, the many varieties of statistical charts and graphs: These pictorial devices are indispensable tools for presenting evidence, for explaining a theory, for telling a story.
- (comparable) Very large; of vast measure.
- 1962 June, “Letters to the Editor: Diesel suburban services in Bristol”, in Modern Railways, page 430:
- The cost of such a work now, of course, would be astronomical.
- (relating to astronomy): astronomic
of or relating to astronomy