Jump to navigation Jump to search
azimuthal (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to the azimuth; in a horizontal circle.
- (cartography) Describing a map projection which preserves direction for all points relative to a selected point (or in some cases two points).
Of or pertaining to the azimuth
A map projection which preserves direction for all points relative to a selected point
azimuthal (plural azimuthals)
- (cartography) An azimuthal projection.
- 2006, King-Yuen Ng, Physics of Intensity Dependent Beam Instabilities, page 454:
- Note that because of the square-well air-bag model, these synchrotron azimuthals are slightly different from the conventional ones.