Jump to navigation Jump to search
backstrap (plural backstraps)
- A pull strap extending the backstay of a boot or shoe.
- The backbone of a book.
- A loin of meat consisting of the muscle on each side of the spine.
- 2010, Guy Mirabella, Eat - Ate, page 110:
- As a dressing, combine the extra-virgin olive oil and garlic in a small bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper. Arrange the whole eggplants and tomatoes on a large platter. Slice the lamb backstraps diagonally and lay the meat over the eggplants and tomatoes.
- An anchoring strap, passed around the waist or hips, for a small loom.