Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Internet, informal) Non-spam email messages that have been signed up for, but which the recipient does not necessarily want or have time to read.
- 2010, Gina Trapani, Upgrade Your Life: The Lifehacker Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, Better, John Wiley & Sons, →ISBN, page 35:
- In other words, they're messages that you want to read eventually, just not right now. Clearing away the bacon automatically can help you drill down to what's important more quickly.
- 2011 March 9, John D. Sutter, “Google 'smart labels' aim to de-stress e-mail”, in CNN, retrieved 2013-03-16:
- The smart labels feature essentially focuses on "bacn," that brand of e-mail that people subscribe to and generally want to read -- but don't have time for right now.