Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural of
1949, Stanley Grauman Weinbaum, The Worlds of If:
- Bah! Many bahs! The future or the past—pfui!
1892, Grace E. King, Balcony Stories:
- And the gentlemen,--her preux chevaliers,--they were burning with other passions than those which had driven them to her knees, encountering a little more serious response than "bahs" and shrugs.
- Eye dialect spelling of boss.
1922, Paul Laurence Dunbar, The Complete Poems of Paul Laurence Dunbar:
- Wen de hinges creak an' cry, An' de bahs go slantin' down, You kin reckon dat hit's time Fu' to cas' yo' eye erroun', 'Cause daih ain't no 'sputin' dis, Hit's de trues' sign to show Dat daih 's cou'tin' goin' on Wen de ol' front gate sags low.
1990 May 25, John Powers, “The Year of the Tourist”, Chicago Reader:
- As you walk down Bangkok's notorious Patpong Road ("Pussy open bottle show, bahs?"), you eventually come across Blu Jeans Country Bar--"Hangovers Installed and Serviced."