- 1 English
- 2 Albanian
- 3 Aromanian
- To strike heavily.
He bashed himself against the door.
The thugs kept bashing the cowering victim.
- To collide.
Don't bash into me with that shopping trolley.
- To criticize harshly.
He bashed my ideas.
bash (plural bashes)
- A large party; gala event.
- They had a big bash to celebrate their tenth anniversary.
- An attack that consists of placing all one's weight into a downward attack with one's fists.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- (obsolete, transitive) To abash; to disconcert or be disconcerted or put out of countenance.
- His countenance was bold and bashed not.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
bash (past participle bãshatã)