Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (manner) Without approximation; precisely.
- Measure exactly so we can be sure it is right.
- The edge is not exactly straight.
- He divided the coins exactly in half.
- (focus) Precisely, used to provide emphasis.
- He did it that way exactly to prove the point.
- 2012, Amlynn Smith, Lost and Found (page 18)
- His hair is a semilong dull red and pulled back in a sloppy pony at the base of his neck, and his face is riddled with small freckles and grease, but out here I can see personal hygiene isn't exactly at the top of the priority list.
- (without approximation): approximately
in an exact manner
- Signifies agreement or recognition.
- So you're saying that we have only three days left? — Yes, exactly!
signifying agreement or recognition