Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (manner) without approximation; precisely.
- Measure exactly so we can be sure it is right.
- The edge is not exactly straight.
- (focus) Used to provide emphasis.
- It was exactly an Eastern gray squirrel.
- He divided the coins exactly in half.
- He did it that way exactly to prove the point.
- His complaint was exactly that she failed to meet the deadline by four days.
- (without approximation): approximately
in an exact manner
- Signifies agreement or recognition.
- So you're saying that we have only three days left? — Yes, exactly!
signifying agreement or recognition