Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɜːfɪktli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɝfɪktli/
Audio (US) (file)
- With perfection.
- They completed the first series perfectly.
- Wholly, completely, totally.
- Their performance was perfectly fine.
- Skydiving is jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
- 1899, Knut Hamsun, “Part III”, in George Egerton [pseudonym; Mary Chavelita Dunne Bright], transl., Hunger: Translated from the Norwegian, London: Leonard Smithers and Co. […], OCLC 560168646; republished New York, N.Y.: Alfred A. Knopf, October 1920 (December 1920 printing), OCLC 189563, page 145:
- I was perfectly stunned. I sat and moistened my lips a little, but otherwise made no effort to do anything: my chest was in a pitiful state.