Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɜːfɪktli/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈpɝfɪktli/
Audio (US) (file)
- With perfection.
- They completed the first series perfectly.
- Wholly, completely, totally.
- Their performance was perfectly fine.
- Skydiving is jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.
- 1899, Knut Hamsun, Hunger, translated by George Egerton, Part III, page 168
- I was perfectly stunned. I sat and moistened my lips a little, but otherwise made no effort to do anything: […]
2011 November 12, “International friendly: England 1-0 Spain”, in BBC Sport:
- James Milner's angled free-kick was headed on to the post by the tireless Bent and Lampard the opportunist was perfectly placed to stoop and head in from virtually on the goal-line.