Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (fandom slang) Fan fiction focusing on the imagined activities of a real musician or musicians.
2002 April 14, LadyCyrrh [username], “[ART] The Annex Reviews, 4/14/02”, in alt.sex.stories.gay.moderated, Usenet:
- However, no other site I've seen boasts as much bandfic as Fanfiction. net. The Musical Groups section contained 140 different singers and bands, from oldies (Beatles) to rap-metal (Korn, System of a Down) to rap (Li'l Bow Wow, Sisquo[sic]) and pop (Britney, N'Sync, Aaron Carter) with many more uncategorized artists listed under Miscellaneous.
- 2008, Keith Goetzman, "Is Fan Fiction Flouting the Law?", Utne Reader, 15 July 2008:
- Westcott doesn’t even consider the thornier question of fan fiction based on real and often living people, for instance, the “bandslash” or “bandfic” phenomenon built around rock-star characters and often homoerotic subplots.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:bandfic.