Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A primitive or simplistic ethos or societal condition; barbarism.
- Some postulate that after a nuclear war, humanity would fall into a state of barbarianism.
- Behaviour appropriate to a barbarian, that is uncivilized, brutal, or crude.
- The teacher accused the bullies of barbarianism when she caught them taunting the girl in a wheelchair.
- (primitive ethos or societal condition): degeneracy, reductionism, savagery, state of nature, simplicity
- (behaviour of a barbarian): degeneracy, rudeness, savagery, wildness, unsophistication
a primitive, less advanced, or simplistic ethos or societal condition; barbarism
behaviour appropriate to a barbarian, that is uncivilized, brutal, or crude