Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
barded (not comparable)
- (of a horse) Accoutered with defensive armor
- circa 1591-1594, William Shakespeare, Richard III, Act I, Scene I, Lines 9-13
- Grim-visag'd war hath smooth'd his wrinkled front;
- And now, instead of mounting barded steeds
- To fright the souls of fearful adversaries,
- He capers nimbly in a lady's chamber
- To the lascivious pleasing of a lute.
- Wearing rich caparisons.
- Fifteen hundred men […] barded and richly trapped.