Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbeɪsɪk(ə)li/
Audio (US) (file)
- (Hong Kong) IPA(key): /ˈbeɪ.sɪk.koʊ.li/
- in a fundamental, essential or basic manner
- They've added some fancy features, but it's basically still a crappy car.
- mostly; generally; for the most part
- (filler) used to refer to the most important or fundamental point the speaker is making; sometimes tending towards a meaningless filler word
- I shouldn't have done it, basically.
- To get your eyes tested, you should basically go to the opticians.
- (in a fundamental manner): essentially, fundamentally; see also Thesaurus:fundamentally
- (for the most part): chiefly, more often than not; see also Thesaurus:mostly
in a fundamental or basic manner