Jump to navigation Jump to search
basinal (not comparable)
- of or relating to a basin
- 2000 December 1, Matthias Labrenz et al., “Formation of Sphalerite (ZnS) Deposits in Natural Biofilms of Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria”, in Science, volume 290, number 5497, DOI:10.1126/science.290.5497.1744, pages 1744-1747:
- The process may be relevant to the early stages of formation of the large sediment-hosted deposits from brines, exhalative fluids, or basinal fluids, and to formation of other low-temperature ZnS deposits.
- 1997 July 4, Heiner Josenhans et al., “Early Humans and Rapidly Changing Holocene Sea Levels in the Queen Charlotte Islands-Hecate Strait, British Columbia, Canada”, in Science, volume 277, number 5322, DOI:10.1126/science.277.5322.71, pages 71-74:
- The transition from freshwater basinal sedimentation to marine deposition was determined by analysis of diatoms from core samples.