Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To claim or demonstrate that someone is a bastard, or illegitimate.
- To reduce from a higher to a lower state, such as by removing refined elements or introducing debased elements; to debase.
- The simplified word processor is a less-functional, bastardized version of the full program.
- 2017, Douglas Charles Kane, Beren and Lúthien (2017) by J.R.R. Tolkien, edited by Christopher Tolkien, in Journal of Tolkien Research, Volume 4, Issue 2, Article 5,
- The third potential audience is the general public at large, who either never has read any of Tolkien’s books or perhaps read The Lord of the Rings and/or The Hobbit long ago, but whose knowledge about Tolkien’s created secondary universe comes, if at all, mostly from seeing Peter Jackson’s bastardized adaptations of The Lord of the Rings and/or The Hobbit.
- To beget out of wedlock.
- (introduce debased elements into): mongrelize