Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated) Various forms of tofu, made from soybeans.
- 1917, Chan Shiu Wong, The Chinese Cook Book, page 15:
- Chinese white cheese... Foo yue. (a) Cut bean cake, made of Chinese white beans, into half-inch squares ¼ inch thick. (b) Put into a jar provided with an airtight cover, the size of the jar depending upon the amount to be made. (c) Fill the jar ¼ full of Fun Wine. (d) Salt to taste. (e) Cover air tight and put away for not less than two weeks.
- 1931, Henry Thurburn Montague Bell, The China Year Book, page 93:
- ...the market for soya bean and its products (bean-cake and bean oil)...
- Akara, a west-African fritter made from black-eyed peas.