Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Begay
- (transitive) To make cheerful or merry.
1925, Louise Jordan Miln, The soul of China: glimpsed in tales of today and yesterday:
- For Lu was the girl she seemed, and Wang was a boy — a boy, dressed in girl's clothes, even to the crimson ribbons of maidenhood begaying his hair: [...]
2007, Robert H. F. Carver, Search ResultsThe Protean ass:
- When in the oration ther is nothing rightly and properly spoken, but all is to muche befigured and begayed.
- 1985, Percy Grainger, Kay Dreyfus, The farthest north of humanness:
- I find it the finest land & folk yet, finer even than Denmark & the Danes, though truly not so begaying & behopefulling.