Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- cheerfull (archaic)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈtʃɪɹfəl/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈtʃɪəfəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɪərfʊl
- Noticeably happy and optimistic.
- Bright and pleasant.
They enjoyed a cheerful room.
- 1893, Walter Besant, The Ivory Gate, chapter III:
- At half-past nine on this Saturday evening, the parlour of the Salutation Inn, High Holborn, contained most of its customary visitors. […] In former days every tavern of repute kept such a room for its own select circle, a club, or society, of habitués, who met every evening, for a pipe and a cheerful glass.