Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˈbɛtɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɛtɪŋ
- Describing one who bets or gambles.
- If I were a betting man, I'd wager my next pay check he couldn't do that again.
- present participle of bet
betting (plural bettings)
- The act of placing a bet.
- 1989, Jesse O. McKee, The Choctaw:
- Once the field was prepared, and preliminaries of the game all settled, the bettings all made and goods all “staked,” night came on without the appearance of any players on the ground.
act of placing a bet
- English 2-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English terms with homophones
- Rhymes:English/ɛtɪŋ/2 syllables
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English non-lemma forms
- English verb forms
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms with quotations