Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Big Brother
- A sibling's older brother used especially by children or by parents in speaking to their children.
- If you don't give me back my toys I'll tell my big brother!
- (figurative) Something that is bigger in comparison.
- 2019 October, Roger Ford, “WCP award - victory for DfT reactionaries”, in Modern Railways, page 32:
- While the little MTU Vee-12s in the Class 800 bi-mode generating units have lower overall emissions than their big brothers in the Class 43 IC125 power cars, in the case of CO₂, when you burn a litre of diesel fuel you get 2.8kg of CO₂. [a possible error in the original text]
- Alternative form of
a sibling's older brother — see older brother