Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To blow on something causing it to topple.
- The wind blew over the pole.
- To be knocked down by wind.
- The tree blew over in the storm.
- (idiomatic) To pass naturally; to go away; to settle or calm down.
- They huddled, waiting for the storm to blow over.
- You cannot simply wait for a problem like that to blow over.
- To overwhelm.
- 2011, Sandra Leigh Savage, Love Letters, →ISBN, page 79:
- I'm still mending from all that time ago, that was your purpose, so this could happen for me and so I can change the world and make it a better place, but I can't without fans, that blow me over with their wishes and dreams that couldn't exist without them.
to blow on something causing it to topple
to be knocked down by wind
to pass naturally; to go away; to settle or calm down