Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbloʊ.ɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbləʊ.ɪŋ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊɪŋ
blowing (plural blowings)
- The act of one who blows, or that which blows.
- the blowings of a trumpet
- the puffings and blowings of an unfit runner
- 2014, Charlotte MacLeod, The Grub-and-Stakers House a Haunt:
- […] the tea had been poured from the cups into the deep saucers from which it would have been drunk with genteel blowings and whiffings, according to the custom of the time.
- Alternative form of