Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbəʊtˌləʊd/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈboʊtˌloʊd/
Audio (AU) (file)
boatload (plural boatloads)
- Cargo or passengers that fill a boat.
- a boatload of illegal immigrants
- (slang) A large quantity.
- He showed up an hour later with a whole boatload of hamburgers, chips, cookies, and assorted other munchies, not to mention sodas and beer, and we all fell in and stuffed ourselves silly.
- 2006, Rob Pegoraro, "Waiting for the Winner of a High-Definition High Noon", The Washington Post, December 10 
- What's a fair price to pay for video perfection, or even something that looks a lot like it? In the case of high-definition movie discs, the answer may not just be "a boatload of money," but having to keep two incompatible players under the TV set.
A large quantity.