Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (South Africa) A traditional homemade sausage, now commercially available.
- The Boerewors recipe given here is for the basic, original boerewors, with suggestions as to how you can ring the changes.(Afri Chef: Boerewors: Farmers Sausage)
- 2010, Steven Raichlen, Planet Barbecue!, Workman Publishing, page 350:
- To make truly authentic boerewors you'll need a sausage stuffer and casings.
- 2019, Gregory Mthembu-Salter, Wanted Dead and Alive: The Case for South Africa's Cattle, Cover2Cover (face2face), page 48,
- The poet Antjie Krog has written evocatively about boerewors as the physical manifestation of a well-run farm, with the patriarch and his men raising and providing good-quality meat and the matriarch, armed with a prized, secret family recipe, organising her kitchen staff into the production line required to make the perfect wors.
boerewors (plural boereworse)