Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) Very violent or hard, as an impact.
- 2009 May 28, Penelope Green, “Jersey Girls, Nesting”, in New York Times:
- Indeed, when baby-voiced Teresa describes the bone-crunching finishes in her new home, a 12,000-square-foot French chateau simulacrum that’s “all granite, marble and onyx,” and avers her commitment to the brand-spanking new (“I just skeeve looking at other people’s houses,” she says.
- 2009 November 27, “Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child has 'best guitar riff'”, in BBC:
- The bone-crunching AC/DC classic Back In Black landed at number six, followed by Metallica's Enter Sandman and the chiming riff of The Beatles' Day Tripper at eight.
- 2011 April 2, Steve Brenner, “Joey will defy pack of Wolves”, in The Sun:
- Back in August, the Toon ace was kicked from pillar to post by Karl Henry in a bone-crunching midfield battle at Molineux.