Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A dark green colour, like that of some wine bottles.
- bottle green:
- 1946, George Johnston, Skyscrapers in the Mist, page 35:
- He stopped to look at a shop selling ladies' wear, and stared for a long time at a bottle-green suit of corduroy slacks.
- 1958, Anthony Burgess, The Enemy in the Blanket (The Malayan Trilogy), published 1972, page 292:
- Anne Talbot looked demurely ravishing, as was her intention, in a very low-cut evening frock of bottle-green, choker of Kelantan silver, earrings in the shape of krises.