- (Britain, New Zealand) a young man who drives recklessly fast, especially one who participates in gatherings of car-culture enthusiasts and/or in illegal street racing.
2006, Geoff Porter, Little Bites of Australia, page 240:
- By this time in the evening, the city was mainly quiet, with one exception, boy racers; young men out to impress each other, as well as the city's young females, periodically tore along the street, in a variety of cars, booming out ‘musical’ bass rhythms, apparently oblivious of the speed limits and any concern for anybody else.
2006, Jan Colley, Melting the Icy Tycoon, page 51:
- He and his boy racer mates used to spend every Friday and Saturday nights spreading diesel across the roads and racing their cars.
- 2011, Andy Frankham-Allen, Seeker, Untreed Reads, unnumbered page,
- The sound of music pumping from the arcades was one thing, this was a standard sound expected in a seaside resort, but the cacophony of the boy racers was not.
young man driving recklessly, participating in illegal street racing, etc.